Toilet Seat Bidets

Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I don't know how many people here on this forum don't use a toilet seat bidet, but the fact is? You're dirty if you don't.

There is absolutely no possible way that toilet paper can clean the crevices in the ripples of your rectum. It can't happen unless you wipe 10 times and then follow up with a wet towel or paper towels.

I've had one since last year and since this time, I have no clue HOW I lived without one, given its ability to give such a shower fresh clean.

I don't have some of the more elaborate, more optioned models but I believe with the savings of not using hardly any toilet paper at all, and I'm being "green"!! Fancy that.

For those of you who are afraid of these, I'll ask one question; When you get mud on your silding glass doors, do you wipe it off with paper towels, dry?

Water is the key essential in the thinking of keeping clean.

I'm at the point now of never going back to being "without", and I wish I could sometimes take my bidet seat with me when nature calls away from home.

Don't be afraid of a little squirt squirt between your legs. This product prevents rashes, infections because aggressive wiping with toilet paper will cause skin irritations, and you know what you're trying to remove.

Bad combination and it affects all of us, all ages. This product is now available to all income levels, not the elite anymore requiring a separate opening, fixture location. This product mounts to your existing toilet and can provide soothing warm water cleaning, warm air dry that makes toilet paper almost a memory.

Next time you get out of the shower, imagine what that feels like, then realize you can get that same "freshness" with a bidet toilet seat after using your toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Huh...and all this time I thought it was a fancy drinking foiuntain...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, I am not on board with that yet, but I did read an article recently about germs in the laundry and the washing machine. The principal source of the problem: fecal matter on the undies in the laudry basket. AKA Hashmarks!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Some chlorine will take care of that...it doesn't take much but I don't know how you would know the minimum amount...

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
It pays you back

Huh...and all this time I thought it was a fancy drinking foiuntain...

Whoah hey whoah whoooooaaaaaah!! Looks like Yellowstone national park! I need clean but I don't want to blast my gem bag off!

I'm talking about

for any toilet, not a seperate fixture.

And to jimbo's statement:

My brown streaking has dropped significantly since I've been using a bidet because you know when you wipe real good, and there's residue you missed?

Well, give it minutes, hours later, that turns to itching and burning, which leads to scratching...to a point to run off to a closet real quick and do everything possible to make it stop.

When you wash clothes, it all becomes a mix at that point and thank goodness for chlorine!

A great deal of people are scared of bidets. I don't know why, makes no sense. It's different to say the least, but it's a product that once you start using it, you can't see going back to the old way.

Anyone who has created a bad rash from wiping too much, and along with the fact that you can't "quit" because of your current bowel movements, wiping with toilet paper then becomes a painful experience. The last place on your body you would want infected, no matter if anyone besides yourself visits that area from time to time.

The idea works very well in the shower for getting clean, how do you think it works when its sole purpose to clean just that area?

Only thing that has to happen right now is Billy Mays using it and people will flock to this product instantly.

If you buy toilet paper every single month, knowing the number of people in your home, that is an expense that can be trimmed by the use of a small amount of water.

Which one contributes to "green" idealism?

Which one prevents an overabundance of toilet paper in your drainage system?

Which one keeps you healthier in the private areas that matter?

Which one saves fuel, energy from going to the store for toilet paper?

Which one keeps a plumber out of your house?

That last question hurts, even though I advocate a better way. It indirectly knocks me out of a job but I would say for the most part, homeowners and their families would prefer to not have a clogging waste system than to have one, or one that requires the toilet paper you used to wipe yourself go in an open basket next to the toilet.

Do you want to see what the last person accomplished in the bathroom? Of course not.

I've got nothing to sell in these matters relating to bidets, just want everyone to know that when you get past the squirrlies in using these products, they are a great step in the right direction for providing comfort and cleanliness in a way you've never experienced before, short of stepping into the shower to accomplish the same thing. And who has the time to shower every time they use the toilet? I don't.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
For the record,

I do not condone, nor do I want to see Billy Mays using a bidet toilet seat, now or ever.

His "Just for Men" hair and beard color is scary enough. Hopefully he uses animations or the dry mud on a window treatment. :rolleyes:

I heard he uses a bidet as a drinking fountain...

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I heard he uses a bidet as a drinking fountain...

I wouldn't be surprised.

I've been fighting an intestinal virus for days now and that was a good reason to bring this topic up. Ain't nuttin' coming out of me right now that sounds like somebody dropping potatoes down a set of steps. I wish!

It has by far made this uncomfortable experience more bearable. I do wish the model I had was one with heated water. I guess a cross connection in the water supply could fix that real quick! :p

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'll tell you this thread brings to mind a couple of big market ideas to push these products...

The other night I stopped down at the Bada Bing on my way home to have a beer with a view...

The view however was was spoiled by an unsightly smear forcing me to return to the bar until the view improved...

I'm going to push these bidet seats at all the Bada Bings I stop at...:cool:

The next one came at the home of a middle eastern customer where he had this hose setup he wanted installed on the cold water line to the toilet...
No backflow prevention and cold water only. The place was a condo that would require shut down of the building to plumb in the supply. He also had a clogged toilet that I took care of on the call.

I talked to him about the water temperatures and mentioned the Toto bidet seats. He had never heard of them and was very interested in getting one. I gave him information and he will be calling me later this week to install it.

Two markets that us plumbers should be aware of...

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I have actually determined that I'm a happier person when I'm clean "down there" between the nooks and crannies of my posterior.

If, for example you take a typical family, 2 adults and 2.5 kids,

there's going to be one person that can vouch for the dirty underwear testament to uncleanliness and

there's going to be the person who constantly is going to the grocery or anywhere to get toilet paper. That stuff adds up to a lot over time, and think about the costs. Bigger families need to cut down on expenses and for the most part, toilet paper doesn't get touched much by financial spendthrifting.

What needs to be done is a popular restaurant needs to set these up for a day and have notices on the doors that the toilets do not require toilet paper usage.

In turn, the patron has a choice; either hold it and leave, or go in and try it. If you won't dine there because of no toilet paper, go eat at mcdonald's. For the most part the curiosity factor will play out and they'll try it for the experience and if it works like they say.

Some people will detest it from the word go, question YOUR morals instead of theirs in regards to posterior cleanliness.

I'll tell you from a boyfriend to girlfriend experience...There were times where my girlfriend would "tidy-up' or "freshen-up" and next thing happenin' is good times, only to find out that the small little crumbs of toilet paper and residue was representin' that "not so really clean honey because I'm lookin' at it" first hand. I've been there and saw that and like most men, you ignore it to prevent a huge embarrassing moment in the love den.

Disturbing? Yes. But the toilet seat bidet solves a great deal of those problems completely. If our orifices were like flat panes of glass, no ridges or indentures, the ability would be by far an easier task to accomplish.

Almost makes you want to say, "Jumpin' Johosephine!"

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'll tell ya Rugged the smear and klingon really inhibited my desire to throw dollar bills around.:eek:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Fortunately they had a shift change before she was up again and the rest of the night was unspoiled...:cool:

Billy Mays

Reaction score
Website
www.BillyMays.com
For the record,

I do not condone, nor do I want to see Billy Mays using a bidet toilet seat, now or ever.

His "Just for Men" hair and beard color is scary enough. Hopefully he uses animations or the dry mud on a window treatment. :rolleyes:

Hi! Billy Mays here!

Mud on your mud flap? We can fix that!

Want to live Green? We got something that'll keep you clean!

Whether you're laying a pile or dropping a brick,

We'll make you smile and no more ickey ick!

Fresh and clean what can't be seen,

Buy my bidet and you will be clean!!

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I have done a few service calls, where i noticed a kitchen sink sprayer mounted on the wall and attached to the a duel angle stop that was installed at the water closet. Seems to be very popular with the Middle Eastern people.

sewerratz-13.jpg

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I have done a few service calls, where i noticed a kitchen sink sprayer mounted on the wall and attached to the a duel angle stop that was installed at the water closet. Seems to be very popular with the middle easteren people.

We carry one from Grohe # 27 829 000 and we sell a couple a dozen a year.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I've been working a lot of hours lately and when you get so used to bidets, you feel dirty when you have to go when away from home.

Most of the time, I drop enormous piles of excrement before I leave the home, then enjoy the rest of my day. But when working long hours that all changes.

The only method I've figured out that helps me when I have no options is to wipe accordingly, then take a small amount of toilet paper and jam it between my ass cheeks and it works like a plug of sorts. This contains the majority of what can spread by abrupt farts. Wooohoooooo!

Someday I hope to see toilet seat bidets replace toilet paper usage all together. It really can make a difference.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I wonder how well the hose going to the sprayer will hold up when the PRV goes bad....

I have done a few service calls, where i noticed a kitchen sink sprayer mounted on the wall and attached to the a duel angle stop that was installed at the water closet. Seems to be very popular with the middle Eastern people.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks