Toilet rough-in is 13.5" from finished wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Joey43

Reaction score
I have access to all the drain components and the 3" basement slab drain. The drain pipe needs to be extended about 1" to better locate the flange. two questions:

How can I extend the horizontal 3" PVC drain pipe approximately 1"?

Is it worth the effort to get the toilet closer than 1.5" to the wall?

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have access to all the drain components and the 3" basement slab drain. The drain pipe needs to be extended about 1" to better locate the flange. two questions:

How can I extend the horizontal 3" PVC drain pipe approximately 1"?

Is it worth the effort to get the toilet closer than 1.5" to the wall?

Thanks!
No it's not worth the effort. 12" is what we aim for but it's not always perfect. You'll be fine. Happens all the time... not to me though, lol.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some 14" RI toilets are likely to fit on a 13.5" RI. You need to look at the spec sheets carefully. THen, you can often fudge the position of the toilet on the flange by 1/4-3/8" if needed, so moving the flange, unless you want the toilet to project into the room less, probably isn't worth the effort. Most Toto toilets that use their UniFit adapter have about 3/4" behind them IF the RI is perfect, so one of those, with the 14" UniFit will work. Check the spec sheet however you decide to go.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks