Toilet Relocation

Users who are viewing this thread

skmcconnell

Reaction score
How difficult is it to move a toilet in a second floor bathroom around the corner from one wall to another?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
move toilet

That is an easy question to answer. It will be EASY, DIFFICULT, or IMPOSSIBLE. Now if you tell us how the floor is constructed, how the existing toilet is piped, and how your home is constructed, we MIGHT be able to tell you which one applies.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Moving the toilet is very easy. However, connecting it to the drain is another matter. The nature of your question leads me to believe you have little or no experience that you really should have to undertake this as a DIY project. Know your limitations and hire professionals when those limits are exceeded. There are a number of pitfalls that you can run into and some of them could cost big time to undo.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I remodeled my mother's bathroom a year ago. Moved the toilet so there would be enough space around it with the new shower I installed. It was in the same room, only needed to be rotated and moved a little bit (a few inches over and back). The old piping was heavy duty cast iron...plaster ceilings beneath that I didn't want to chop out (I later did out of frustration to get it to work), and no clearance to work in the joist bays. It was a major pain. So, there is no easy answer to your question...it could be a piece of cake, it could be a major pain, which could require tearing out floors, ceilings, and walls. It's one of those things in that you just have to be there to say.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks