Toilet plugged

Users who are viewing this thread

Abrahamseven

Reaction score
i have a new house and asked the contractor to install handicap toilets. They installed 2 Mansfield # 173 toilets and charged me an extra $425.00. They’re the biggest piece of crap for a toilet I have ever had. They plug up 80 % of the time when I poop. I have had other brands like American Standard and other popular brands yes they would plug too , but a plunger would soon take care of it. A plunger does no good on these toilets when the plug up it takes me over an hour to unplug it. Except for this time. I have spent 5 hours so far and nothing moves , mostly liquid by now. Finally honey dipped it and dump it in the other mansfield 173 toilet. Been setting overnight and still plugged. And I assure you nothing but poop is in the toilet.Sorry for the long post. Any ideas?

Abrahamseven

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of your poop?
I am sorry I had to leave for a few days , so the next morning before I left I went to Walmart and bought a can of draino and dumped the whole can into the plugged toilet and left. Came home 3 days later and still had to plunger it. Only for about 5 mins and it came unplugged. I am buying a new toilet. , the one with the best rating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Your Mansfield was not a very good one it seems. I install of lot of the TOTO products, Also products from Kohler and American Standard.
You can check my reviews below.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
As a suggestion, the Toto Entrada CST244EF is a well-made product that works very well at a best-buy price. The model number I gave you comes with the taller ("handicapped") bowl.

One of Toto's most-popular toilets is the Original Drake, CST744EL. That model (with the "L" in it) is ADA-compliant, coming with the taller bowl. You can choose from two different styles of tank; the fancier-looking one adds an "N" to the model number (so "CST744ELN"). Both will perform the same, which is to say very-well.

The Original Drake has been around for around a decade now (how time flies!) and continues to sell well because it is a strong performer. Virtually all the Totos at or above the price range of the Entrada and the Original Drake also perform very-well.

cst243ef-orange.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks