Toilet Part or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike33

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this white styrofoam looking thing is a normal part in a toilet?

down the bowl.jpg
picture taken with scope camera down toilet bowl

My toilet is being inconsistent sometimes it flushes normal other times it takes ~5min for the water to drain. I pulled the toilet off and ran water down the drain with no issues. I stuck a camera down the toilet and I get the attached picture. When I use a toilet auger it goes through fine.

Here is another picture of the item when I run the scope up the bottom of the toilet.

bottom up.jpg

Mike33

Reaction score
Another way to ask my question is that when you stick a scope down a toilet should the porcelain pipe me completely smooth all the way to the main drain or are there parts along the way?

Reach4

Reaction score
It looks like a hunk of styrofoam or some such. A thin auger could poke right through that without disintegrating the piece, right?

Mike33

Reaction score
The auger must just be pushing past the piece then. Any other ideas on what i could use to get it unstuck?

I am assuming by what HJ said that a toilet has only one porcelain pipe, it doesn't typically have any other connections to the tank other than the one where water comes into the bowl from under the rim?

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can buy various toilet augers...they come with different sized heads. The less expensive versions tend to have a smaller head, and often can't catch on everything to clean it out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks