Toilet Lottery

Users who are viewing this thread

D

DJ2

I've bought and installed 8 toilets in the last 10 years or so, for rentals and my home.

The first 5 I bought were brand X toilets. My usual criteria was to buy the cheapest toilet with a glazed trap that the store sold. All of these toilets were good.

The problem with brand X, however, is that the same toilet isn't available (or identifiable) when I am in need of another. The best toilet I have, for example, is a brand X, 1.5 gallon toilet with no identifiable marks on it. I am not even sure where I bought it.

The last 3 toilets I bought were name brands: American Standard, Eljer and Toto. The American Standard (model unkown) and Eljer Aqua Saver were duds, even though they were 2 to 3 times the cost of the Brand X toilets. The Toto Drake looks like a winner.

If I was in the market for another toilet today I'd buy a Toto Drake. Five years from now, if the Drake wasn't available, I'd start with this web site.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks