Toilet lever Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Jaret Payne

Reaction score
My toilet flush lever broke. I can't find a lever that will work at my local hardware store (lowes, home depot) It seems all the standard ones don't work. I am attaching a picture. Thanks

Attachments

• 20171122_093213.jpg
    20171122_093213.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
My toilet flush lever broke. I can't find a lever that will work at my local hardware store (lowes, home depot) It seems all the standard ones don't work.
What is it about the lever that you tried that does not work?
Is the problem that it interferes with the fill valve, or is it that you cannot fit the flush lever through the hole?

Jaret Payne

Reaction score
it interferes with the black part. i am unsure of the exact terminology. I can get ones that work but the fit isn't right .

Reach4

Reaction score
The nearby black part is the fill valve. Usually the fill valve is rotated counterclockwise from where yours is oriented. So if you get rid of the water in the tank, you could loosen the mounting nut where the supply hose connects under the tank. Rotate the fill valve a bit, and tighten it back up. Now you have more clearance.

On your new flush lever, many are metal. You can bend the rod to the route you need. Plastic ones like the fluidmaster 640 or 641 have a hinge arrangement, but I think one of the ones with the metal arm will be better for you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Plastic is heat-formed. You can adjust the angle of the arm on the lever by heating up the proper location with a torch or grill lighter and bending it to where it needs to be. Hold it for a minute and it will stay. Turn on the vent fan to carry away the plastic smell.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks