Toilet leak between tank and bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

Ddagsyn

Reaction score
hi
I removed my Toto Toiltet tank to paint my bathroom. I put the tank back on today and noticed a leak (very very slight leak) between the bowl and tank. I replaced all the gaskets, the tank to bowl, the gasket below the flapper and also the tank bolts including the washers. I used a fluidmaster kit. The bowl is secured in place and does not move. Any suggestions on what i should do?

Thanks

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
I'LL get heat on this ,but soo be it

Had the same problem,and this was the only fix that worked. remove and reassemble coating everything with rector seal. Used toto hardware and do this for a living. FIRE AWAY

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you can determine whether it leaks all the time or whether it only leaks when you flush the toilet, you can really narrow this thing down.

Ddagsyn

Reaction score
hi
I had finished working on the toilet and left it for 16 hr to find water between the tank and bowl the next morining. Like i said the leak is small so there was not water on the floor just between the tank and bowl. I did take it apart again and reinstalled, retighten all the parts which are new. Will let you know how it goes.
Thanks

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can eliminate the gasket between the tank and bowl. The most likely culprits are the tank-to-bowl-bolts.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Gasket

Toto has different gasket for differetn toilets ie: Drake toilets use a larger gasket than a Carusoe.
I would not use a generic gasket like Fluidmaster because they may not cover the flush valve nut properly.
If you need part numbers let me know.

Ddagsyn

Reaction score
Yes I need part number and pictures of the gaskets if possible. I don't know the model of my Toto but can post a picture of the gasket when i get home this evening

Thanks

Ddagsyn

Reaction score
Here are the pictures of the tank to bowl gasket for the Toto. Any help in finding a part number would be appreciated. Also I have include a picture of the Toto toilet. All than written is the Toto 1.6 GPF. I can't find a model number written anywhere.

Thanks

Attachments

• P4240057.jpg
    P4240057.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 10,026
  • P4240064.jpg
    P4240064.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 9,821
  • P4240060.jpg
    P4240060.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 9,683
  • P4240061.jpg
    P4240061.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 9,620
  • P4240062.jpg
    P4240062.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 9,801

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Those pictures are of the builder model CST703

It uses a standard 2" flush valve.
Pretty much any 2" flush valve will work with that.

The most we ever do is maybe sand the inside of the tank where the bolts drop through and assemble.

Ddagsyn

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I did replace the tank bolts and the tank has not leaked.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks