Toilet Identification Kohler 1976

Users who are viewing this thread

heritageadam

Reaction score
I have an unusual request, hoping you can help me. When my parents built their house in 1976, they installed a Kohler toilet. They recently remodeled their bathroom and I kept the toilet to install at my house, kind of sentimental and like the style. But on unloading it i dropped the darn thing. So I am hoping to find as close to the same as I can as a replacement on the secondary market. I broke the bottom part as well as the lid on top but not the tank. Hoping you can help me understand the numbers printed inside the lid and toilet and that I have the color right, kind of to understand the history but also to help find a replica.

1) The color is light blue. Is this cerulean blue?

Under the bottom part of the toilet, there are the numbers 8129 12 next line K4212 PT next line 5 28 76

2A) Do I have the model number right as K4212? What does PT mean
2b) is 5 28 76 the date of manufacture?
2c) what does 8129 12 mean?

And as far as the lid says 8048 next line 2 K4552 next line i think says 2 1376

3A) is the lid model number K 4552?
3B) what does 2 1376 mean?
3C) what does 8048 mean?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 479
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 520
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 354
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 385

ToiletEnthusiast

Not a plumber, just a plumbing enthusiast
Reaction score
It does look to be cerulean blue. Unfortunately, finding a replacement bowl will be VERY hard to do. My best advice would be to keep an eye out on Craigslist or eBay. As for the tank lid, you can find one here http://www.toilettanklids.com/stock_03.html#K4552 . I’ll be honest, I’m not entirely sure what most of the numbers mean, but 5 28 76 is for sure the manufacturing date.

heritageadam

Reaction score
Thank you. I purchased a lid. I will watch to see if I can find the right bowl to match.

Peterson

Reaction score
That is a Kohler Wellworth toilet and that model was made from maybe around 1967-1976. I'd check local salvage yards for a bowl or possibly a complete set. I believe the color was Cerulean Blue. Here's one on Youtube:

heritageadam

Reaction score
appreciate the tip, every bit of information helps. I saved searches on craigslist and eBay also. yes that sure looks like the right one in the video.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks