Toilet flapper dropping too fast

Users who are viewing this thread

drew53813

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have 2 Toto Drake toilets. I have been very pleased with the purchase, however lately I am noticing I have to push the handle a little harder and hold it for a second to get a complete flush. I think the flapper is dropping to fast and I am wondering if I could attach some foam or float thing to the chain or what the fix is. Thanks

drake-tank-inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I wonder if this is a flapper problem. Do you understand that the tank is not supposed to empty when flushed? When you hold the handle, you will empty the tank which defeats the low flow. The tank normal contains 3 gallons or so of water. The extra water serves three purposes. First it give pressure to the flush. Second, it allows for the rare time you may need that extra water for bowl wash. Third, it provides a tempering feature so condensation is rarely a problem. I don't disagree with the previous comments about flapper replacement, I keep a spare flapper for my two Toto toilets.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How old are the toilets? Do you have really hard water? It's probably outputting the proper amount of water, but if there's anything in the trapway or the siphon jet it will not flush as new.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks