Toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Funrun

Reaction score
Just got done tiling floor. The problem I’m having is with the toilet flange. The old flange had a piece of wood like the one I have then they put partial board bump against that piece of wood to make the whole floor even then they put linoleum and then toilet flange. Could I do the same thing ? So the flange has wood to mount. As long as I make sure the piece of wood is even with tile floor.

059B2C0B-20D2-4547-8B29-5702B4869D3A.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
What are the dimensions of your square hole and the round hole?

Mounting the flange to just the wood is not going to be able to provide much force.

I hope that is not porcelean tile. I suspect you may need some holes to hold your flange down.

Describe the pipe under there.

Funrun

Reaction score
What are the dimensions of your square hole and the round hole?

Mounting the flange to just the wood is not going to be able to provide much force.

I hope that is not porcelean tile. I suspect you may need some holes to hold your flange down.

Describe the pipe under there.
That piece of wood would be mounted to 3/4 in subfloor than I was going to mount the flange to that. There wasn’t enough material for all the holes on the flange that’s why I put that piece of would there.

Funrun

Reaction score
That piece of wood would be mounted to 3/4 in subfloor than I was going to mount the flange to that. There wasn’t enough material for all the holes on the flange that’s why I put that piece of would there.
The pipe is 4in ABS.

Reach4

Reaction score
Have you selected your flange? Make sure that your chosen flange fits your wood nicely before any gluing.

Closet flange normally has screw hole centers on a 6.125 inches circle. OD 7 inches.

Depending on what is going on below, you might be able to use a no-glue flange. With glue, you need to get things right the first time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks