Toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Geo422

Reaction score
Hi need some advice again wife want a small bath painted. The toilet had a marble slab under it the toilet flrange is bolted to top of the hardwood floor. We decided not to put the marble back under the toilet and I used a regular wax ring got the toilet bolted down level and flushed it couple of times and the toilet leaking. Any and all advice is welcome thanks george

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the flange is on top of the finished flooring, then you can use one wax ring. If the flange is below the floor, you will need two wax rings.

Geo422

Reaction score
Terry I put one regular wax ring on it left the marble out and it leaking guess I goof up on the wax ring I try it again thanks george

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
By taking out the marble slab, the toilet sits lower...are you sure that it actually sits flat and level now without rocking? If the flange was high enough to make a decent seal with the slab there, it may be too high. A rocking toilet will eventually leak as the wax isn't springy...mush it down, then rock back, and now you have a gap. It may need resetting with some shims to make it stable.

Geo422

Reaction score
Reset the toilet now no leaking. Set level and no movement. Thanks george

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks