Toilet Flange Too High

Users who are viewing this thread

NYCpro

Reaction score
Replacing an old lead bend flange and neither Cast Iron nor PVC sit low enough. The floor will be raised about 1-1/2" for tiling but they both still too high. Even though PVC is about 1" lower, it is not up to code in this case. Any suggestions?
upload_2017-7-13_17-53-3.png

upload_2017-7-13_17-53-20.png

upload_2017-7-13_17-53-32.png

NYCpro

Reaction score
PVC 4 x 3 street closet bend with 4" hub closet flange. You can cut the pipe down to size.
Terry, if I stick with cast iron, how low can I cut something like this?
Charlotte Pipe 3 in. x 4 in. Cast-Iron DWV No-Hub Closet-Bend
upload_2017-7-13_19-11-35.png

CdnGuy

Reaction score
I'm curious to know too. I've got a cast iron flange that sits about an inch above the floor. It's currently sitting on a plywood platform.

The cast iron flange and bend connects to the cast iron vent pipe for a wet vent. I'd rather not have to pull all of that out, at least not just yet. Too many other reno's going on right now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks