Toilet flange question

Users who are viewing this thread

Eman85

Reaction score
I have an ABS toilet flange, it's in good shape but instead of the johnny bolts going in the adjustable slots they mounted the flange so the bolts slide into the fixed side slots and had screws holding the bolts in place. Any reason not to use it this way? really don't want to replace the flange if it's OK.

Reach4

Reaction score
Fixed slots are as good or better, if they are in the right place.

If the ring were to fail, you would use a repair ring to hold the closet bolts down.

Eman85

Reaction score
Fixed slots are as good or better, if they are in the right place.

If the ring were to fail, you would use a repair ring to hold the closet bolts down.
The johnny bolts were held in place with self tapping screws into the subfloor so they couldn't slide out. Is this necessary or just convenience?
As far as the right place there was a toilet there for 30 years with no problems and the slots are 12" from the wall.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that the bolts are like these, and they pass thru the slots?

664-1366.jpg

Eman85

Reaction score
I am not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that the bolts are like these, and they pass thru the slots?

664-1366.jpg
No regular johnny bolts that slide in from the side. Then there were phillips head self tapping screws into the subfloor to hold the johnny bolts in place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks