Toilet Flange Problem - Need Advise

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigfoot100

Reaction score
Hello - I am replacing a toilet on the middle level of our house. After pulling the old toilet away and cleaning up the area underneath, I now have what you can see in these pictures. There is no flange, at least from what I understand a flange to be. The old toilet bolts went into holes in the subfloor plywood and threaded into (presumably) nuts of some kind that are on the other side of the plywood. The toilet sat on the subfloor, not the finished floor. So before I removed it, you could clearly see that it was recessed below the finished floor.

While it appears to have worked for many years, I'd like to install my new toilet a bit more properly and would love to get some advice from the folks here. I understand that the flange should sit on top of the finished floor (which is laminate layed on top of old linoneum, btw). Any suggestions? I picked up a couple of things from local stores, including the Set-Rite kit, but am really not sure how to proceed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1283.JPG
    IMG_1283.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 259
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks