Toilet flange needs to be secured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Baumunkdj

Reaction score
I installed a new toilet and flange today and apparently got ahead of myself. The flange I installed is PVC with a built in stainless ring. It's installed on top of the finished floor. I cemented the PVC together but in my haste forgot to actually screw the flange to the floor. Of course I didn't remember until after I finished installing the new toilet. Will it actually hurt anything if it's not screwed to the floor? Should I bite the bullet and just take the toilet back off? Thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
Maybe. The screws into the floor hold the ring down, and the closet bolts pull down on the toilet but up on the ring. Do caulk around the base for the front 80% if you did not do so already. That can prevent some stress on those screws that could occur if the toilet tried to slide.

If you pull the toilet for some reason in the future, add screws then. I am not a plumber

If that is on porcelain tile, I can see how that could be difficult.

Baumunkdj

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses. Guess I'll pull the toilet and redo it. Was leaning that way, just needed the extra push I guess.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks