Toilet flange in concrete, tile floor & 9.125" rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

WebTD

Reaction score
Greetings! I have a 3x4 closet flange (Plastic Oddities PFF102) set in concrete, flush with the finished floor (ceramic tile). Measuring from the center of the hole to the finished wall is 9 1/8". I don't believe a toilet has ever been mounted, nor do I know how to tell if it's inside a 4" pipe or outside a 3" pipe (photos below). The need is to place a toilet in this location. My questions are:

1. I assume the Toto CST744EF.10 will fit, as I should have a half-inch or so of wiggle room with the closet bolts. Judging from what I've provided, is that a safe assumption?

2. Is the orientation of the existing closet flange correct to the wall? If not, should I replace it entirely or will a repair flange like the Superior Tool Super Ring over the top do the trick?

3. Whoever poured or chipped away at the concrete surrounding the closet flange did not consider support for the bottom of the closet bolts. Essentially the hole is too big and the closet bolts will fall through the bottom. What would you recommend?

4. If I need to remove the closet flange, is there a way to tell from these pictures if it's inside or outside?

Many thanks in advance!

IMG-9264.JPG
IMG-9268.JPG
IMG-9270.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks