Toilet flange extension

Users who are viewing this thread

Fastclient

Reaction score
I have searched and searched for an answer and I must be wording my search wrong for I can't find a definitive answer. I tiled my bathroom floor and now the flnge is below floor level. I plan on adding a flange extension but with the sizes available the end result will be a little below floor level or a little above. Which would be better? Thanks for your time

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
"By the book" the toilet flange should rest ON the finished floor, so the actual surface of the flange where the wax ring is placed, will be 1/4" to 3/8" higher than the finished floor. If you shoot to have it at or 1/4 or so above finished floor, a suitable wax ring ( #1,3, or 10) will finish the job with no problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks