Toilet drain above vent stack?

Users who are viewing this thread

KC John

Reaction score
I am re-plumbing a bathroom and will need to install a toilet (Toto wall-mounted) to a new location about 24 inches to the left of the sewer drain. This will also require tying in to a drain line that connects to the vent stack with a shower and tub connected. The vent stack will be above the new toilet drain, by up
to a foot, so I am wondering if that poses a concern for adequate airflow or plumbing codes. The vent stack is a 3” pipe going up to the roof.

This photo shows a mock-up of what I have in mind. The toilet drain is in my hand and the existing shower/tub/vent is on the left.
5rSf1OzRIniSil3A3

I may use a wye to get from the short horizontal toilet pipe to the sewer but that will still put it below the upstream tie-in.

Last edited:

KC John

Reaction score
Sorry, that photo didn't stick. trying again.

Attachments

• IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 166
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks