Toilet closet flange repair options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nmantas

Reaction score
On my basement remodel the 74 year old flange basically fell off when I removed the toilet. I didn't really think much of it because I knew there were at least three different designs of slide in and screw down options to put on a new flange. Well now it is time to put a new flange and I'm striking out. ID is a touch over 3-3/4" (3-13/16") and it is way too big for a 3" option and too small for all the 4" options. The flange seems like it was installed into the pipe and and goes in about 4.5" with zero gap in-between (no drilling out lead).

Supposedly this one (oatey 43539), according to the Amazon seller, goes down to 3-3/4" and they sell them at the box stores so I'll take my caliper and see if it will work but am looking for other options as well. https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Drain-950P-Toilet-Flange/dp/B005E0M8L0

20230205-201908.jpg

20230205-201811.jpg

20230205-201833.jpg

Nmantas

Reaction score
The adjustable hex design for the win! Home depot question/answer had Oatey themselves responding to someone and saying that it won't fit 3-3/4" but amazon question/answer and reviews say that it will. I probably have a 32nd to work with but it would have been close enough to start sanding it down if it didn't fit. Apparently having a 3-3/4" sleeve is somewhat common and it is great that there is an option for that situation.

20230206-174829.jpg

20230206-174845.jpg

Case closed!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks