Toilet clearance behind base, Cadet Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

spaceriqui

Reaction score
I am looking to replace an American Standard toilet in my house. It has a 12" rough-in, but the problem is that there is a heating air vent that takes up almost 2.75 inches and slopes up towards the wall. See attached picture.

Most toilets I have seen don't have that much clearance in the back towards the wall and have a larger foot print, which interferes with the vent. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what quality toilet may work? I would rather not mess with the duct.

Thanks!

IMG_20140711_162940.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The Toto Drake has about 1-3/4" from the rear of the china to the wall on a rough-in that is exactly 12". So that's not going to do it for you...

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The Rowan dual-flush has a two-inch flush valve and an odd trapway, but it still gets a MAP rating of more than 800, so it must not totally suck (anything over 500 is fine). Still, it's not going to have the flushing power of a Drake if/when it needs it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can install a Cadet Pro in that location.
That bowl has more room behind it. I also have used them for their 10" rough ablity with their space saver 10" tank. Not that you would use that here.

cadet_pro_bowl_1.jpg

Cadet Pro elongated bowl

Last edited:

spaceriqui

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I ended up with the American Standard Cadet Pro. Thank you Terry and your son Jamie for the wonderful service and installation.

IMG_20140723_190227.jpg
IMG_20140723_190128.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks