Toilet bubbles

Users who are viewing this thread

Benasaki

Reaction score
Got a quick question. When our downstairs toilet bowl fills up there are a lot of bubbles coming out from under the rim causing an odd "glub, glub" sound. I've cleaned it really good and I'm sure that the there isn't any blocked holes under there. It flushes quickly and works fines. Also, we were gone for a week recently and upon return I noticed a weird smell in the same bathroom sort of like rubber- not too offensive and not real strong. The wife doesn't smell anything. It's not the light switch or power outlets as I've heard that type of smell could be electrical in nature. Under the sink smells fine as does the sink drain. All the drains work properly. Could the bubbles and smell be related? Maybe the vent stack? Thanks for the assistance.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Bubbles equal troubles.

Sounds like you might have a partially blocked waste line. I would recommend snaking that toilet line right to the main clean out.

I heard bubbles once about four years ago leaving for soccer. Later I heard my cell phone ringing to tell me that the basement was flooding.

Is the toilet the lowest fixture in the home?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks