Toilet bowl problem: no whirlpool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jean_saisrien

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with my toilet bowl...
When I flush, the water that comes in from the tank, doesn't come out by the little holes on top of the toilet (around the underneath of the seat, kind of), it only comes out from the big hole at the bottom.
The result: no whirlpool, leaves paper and sh.. stuff in the bowl, makes a gargle noise and laugh at me ! :mad:
It used to be problem that came and go but now, it's always like this...

What could be the problem?
If those little inlet holes are plugged by limestone or else, how can i unplugged them without explosives? :confused:

Sorry about my poor English: hope you understand, it's so clear in my head! :eek:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You may have more than one problem, but first, untwist a metal coat-hanger and try to ream out the holes under the rim. The siphon hole down low may also have some mineral deposits, and you may be able to dislodge some of that as well. As a test, take a bucket and pour in a couple of gallons quickly into the bowl and see if it flushes normally, or if the water slowly drains out. If it's slow going out of the bowl when you pour that in, there's also a problem either in the toilet drain, or the line is plugged.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with my toilet bowl...
When I flush, the water that comes in from the tank, doesn't come out by the little holes on top of the toilet (around the underneath of the seat, kind of), it only comes out from the big hole at the bottom.
The result: no whirlpool, leaves paper and sh.. stuff in the bowl, makes a gargle noise and laugh at me ! :mad:
It used to be problem that came and go but now, it's always like this...

What could be the problem?
If those little inlet holes are plugged by limestone or else, how can i unplugged them without explosives? :confused:

Sorry about my poor English: hope you understand, it's so clear in my head! :eek:
We understand, but a toilet like that would never work out like in a high school whre it was necessary to give a misbehaving person an occasional "swirley".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fwIQErj9Qc
Kids in Canada do the same, Eh?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks