Toilet bowl crack

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Guoan Zhong, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Guoan Zhong

Guoan Zhong New Member

Recently I bought two toilets from homedepot. The first one is a Kohler Cimarron, it has a crack on the bowl bottom. Should I worry about the leakage? The second one is a Toto Entrada. It has a patch in the bottom. It looks wired to me. Is it normal?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    Since you can't see the other side of that crack, it could be inside of the waste path...I think that I'd exchange it. As to the Toto, that may be normal. Especially with the skirted design, there may be bits that need to be assembled, and then covered up to complete the assembly. Keep in mind that the parts must fit into a mold to then put the clay into, then it has to be fired. You have to be able to get it out of the mold, so you need some room to maneuver. Terry would have a better idea since he sees a huge amount of toilets.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I doesn't look like the crack on the bottom of the Kohler bowl will be an issue.
    I don't think that's part of the trapway there anyway.

The Entrada bowls looks okay too.
    The bottom of the bowls will never look as good as the part they expect you to be looking at. That part will never see daylight.