Toilet backup issue, caused by improper plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Tylerloch

Reaction score
Hello I'm doing a basement finish. I had to jackhammer the concrete subfloor tap into the main line and route a toilet and shower drain. I messed up on my initial plumbing and put a ptrap under my toilet drain. I had to cut the fitting off and put a ninty going straight up from my santee attached to my main line in order to bring the toilet up anywhere near where i needed to be. The water flow comes down the mainline 90s under the concrete foundation and drains to the left across the basement. Now when a heavy laundry load is ran with toilets being flushed i am having soap and water backup out my toilet drain. Now i tapped into the main line very close together and essentially budded my santi's straight to one another one leading out to the shower one to the toilet I put fall on both of my santi's as I installed them and assured proper fall on all my piping. I don't know if I created a trap by putting the santy's too close together I also and wondering if I need to extend the line out for my toilet further away from that main line drain if that will fix my issue. I never take good pictures but I took pictures initially when I piped everything when I had the P-trap installed underneath the toilet i since cut the P-trap fitting itself off and fit a 90 fitting on there directly going up to the toilet so the toilet drain is very close to the mainline I'll attach photos and would appreciate any advice. All 3inch piping on mainline.

Attachments

• Message_1518715101956.jpg
    Message_1518715101956.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 280
  • Message_1518715966917.jpg
    Message_1518715966917.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 20180215_134358.jpg
    20180215_134358.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Message_1518715130980.jpg
    Message_1518715130980.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 274

Tylerloch

Reaction score
Thank you I started to realize but your confirmation was what I needed can move forward from here...back to jack hammering ;p

Tylerloch

Reaction score
Okay I just repiped underneath the slab with 2 combo wise combo y to a street 90 leading straight up to my toilet flange and a combo y22 in running to my shower drain still when I have a large load of laundry ran with the toilets flush to the same time I'm getting back up in my toilet closet flange 90. I have an inch and a half vent attached to the main line about a foot above slab. And my branches to my toilet and my shower are only about 5 foot or so from my vent do I need more venting I seem to have quite a bit of backflow. And I have good fall everywhere towards daylight

Tylerloch

Reaction score
Photo of new piping

Attachments

• 1528828166040196542111.jpg
    1528828166040196542111.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 250

Tylerloch

Reaction score
This picture shows my mainline stack with my vent coming out the right and up

Attachments

• 20180215_134358.jpg
    20180215_134358.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 243

Tylerloch

Reaction score
A sanitary tee is only for use on a the vertical, never on it's back or side.
Irie pipe today with combo wyes. Still on getting soap suds coming up towards the top of my closet flange and when a toilet flushed at the same time water almost comes up out of the top it's better than it was but I'm still getting too much near my opening of the closet flange this is a 3-inch main line with a very large house and a good amount of water coming through I'm assuming possibly the main lines too small or I'm wondering if I need to add another vent line

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Really pretty hard to look at the one photo and understand your layout. If you can post a couple more photos with the fixtures connections labeled, it will be easier to sort out what you have going on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks