Toilet and bathtub waste and vent

Users who are viewing this thread

CollinSP

Reaction score
214280-FA-4153-40-E0-9-A63-2-DF213-EF2-A5-F.jpg

Hi,

I am in the process of adding a bathroom to my basement and have dug our the slab and have accessed the main underground waste line (4in cast iron).

I am planning on removing a ~4 ft section of the cast iron and connecting with banded Proflex Fernco couplings to attach PVC.

Does this look like an acceptable method of plumbing and venting the bathroom? My main concern is ensuring that the tub and shower are properly vented. The tub vent is 2in and will go through the roof. Can this also act as a wet vent for the toilet.

The sink is going going to be too far from the other fixtures to act as a vent for the toilet and tub, but it will be vented on its own and tied into the tub vent above 42in.

Thank you for any input!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think your plan looks solid. I think the sink drain could be the wet vent for the entire system. Each of the other fixtures trap arms are under their minimum to the horizontal wet vented section of pipe. But you can drain the sink through the horizontal wet vented system the way you have laid out as well since its part of the bathroom group it just needs to be vented separately.

https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/he...ocuments/plumbing/horizontal-wet-venting.ashx

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks