Tips For Smokey Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

charlesey

I like to do everything to the best of my ability
Reaction score
I know that I have to set the shower on actually hot to make steam. But why? I also have one of those fans that suck the vapor and stuff out of the bathroom, is it valuable?

I will be doing while I'm home only and the household will be empty for no less than 7+ hours. Also candles, smoke buddies and such what else do I want to do to make assured the odor will not remain for hours on end??
Thanks for advance

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Steam occurs when you actually boil water. If you can see it like a cloud, it is condensed liquid water droplets. Shooting steam out of an outlet will have it cool enough to condense and in the process heat the surrounding air in the process. So, a steam shower actually needs a steam generator. Making a steam shower requires more robust techniques than a conventional shower. Vapor management is critical to prevent structural water damage. Not sure I understand your question.

If you need to clear the cloud in the bathroom you need a good ventilation fan to exhaust the moisture accumulation. Figure one with enough volune to exhaust around 8-10 volume changes per hour and that may require makeup inlet air done with a heat recovery air exchanger in the house to manage the depressurization that may create.

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
When you smoke in a bathroom, the smoke particulates will permeate everything so the only way to get rid of the smell is a thorough cleaning. An exhaust fan can remove most of the smoke but not all of the smell.

It might be better if you take your smoking outside.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks