Tiny house gravity fed water system.....low pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

shayne

Reaction score
We just finished building a tiny house ( 10' x 22') in northern CA. We have a 275 gal holding tank for water for the house. We are only able to get the tank about 6' feet above grade which makes and useable pressure non existent. I read some of your posts regarding shower pumps but need more information such as makes, models, etc.

Also some help or suggestions for a propane on demand hot water system would be great. We have a shower ( 1.5 gpm) and a sink. Only one item used at a time.

Any help or suggestions would b great !

Shayne

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
What is your power source? 110 volt AC, or do you have 12 volt DC. You probably just need a RV water pump. Go to an RV Store or website, like Camping World. Bam, your done.

Onokai

Reaction score
What is your power supply as asked above?
And where in Nor cal are you-Humboldt or South?
Mark

shayne

Reaction score
Without knowing your limitations there are just too many possibilities.
Smooky.... the biggest limitation is pressure. Both faucets and shower are normal stuff from a house. Does that answer your
question?

Onokai

Reaction score
I suggest camping world in Santa Rosa-check out the RV shower and sink pumps.
You will need an inverter most likely to get down to 12 volts for most of those items power.
You could also do a small baby pressure tank off your 275 gallon static tank -In that case you would need a standard pressure switch and a pump which would get you at least 35-40 psi. Really no different except the tank would be smaller .
I'm not sure what will cost more in the long run the RV stuff may wear out sooner than real stuff??
Is the tiny house a long term living situation?
Where does the 275 gallons come from??Is it delivered or do you pump it or is it a tiny stream or spring? This info would really help.
Forestville about 4.5 hours south of me.
mark

shayne

Reaction score
I suggest camping world in Santa Rosa-check out the RV shower and sink pumps.
You will need an inverter most likely to get down to 12 volts for most of those items power.
You could also do a small baby pressure tank off your 275 gallon static tank -In that case you would need a standard pressure switch and a pump which would get you at least 35-40 psi. Really no different except the tank would be smaller .
I'm not sure what will cost more in the long run the RV stuff may wear out sooner than real stuff??
Is the tiny house a long term living situation?
Where does the 275 gallons come from??Is it delivered or do you pump it or is it a tiny stream or spring?This info would really help.
Forestville about 4.5 hours south of me.
mark
Mark

Your info is great. Water is brought in by truck as needed.

I think I'll check out the rv stuff

Onokai

Reaction score
275 gallons is a very small tank
I just put in a 1,100 gallon rainwater catchment tank for our summer vegetable garden. The minimum delivery charge is for 3,000 gallons around here whether you yo use it or not its $20. You may consider a larger tank as that one seems so small.
Mark

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks