Time to tap

Users who are viewing this thread

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
As it mentioned, the thermal mass of the pipe. My first home in Florida, built 1989 had cooper under the slab. I do not know if any insulation was around the pipe but I doubted it. The kitchen sink was at the opposite end of the home from the garage water heater. Not only did it take time but the copper laying in damp sandy soil really sucked the heat out of it even after a few minutes. My current home its CPVC under the slab and it also sits in sandy soil. Since CPVC doesn't conduct heat as readily as copper, the cool down time is longer. It also doesn't chart the ambient temperature where the pipe sits. That would be some good information to have. Probably someone has already performed it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks