Time for a new Toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

anav

Reaction score
I have American Standard Cadet3 toilets that work fine. However one seems not to move the heavier stuff down after one flush more often than nought.
I checked the flushing action to compare and the inside the tank seems to be the same. However on the bowl part, the good ones have a steady outpouring of water whereas in the defective one it seems like it starts with an air bubble mixed in with the water. Hence the flow is not as strong at the start and thus not flushing well. Is this a sign to replace the toilet?

Peterson

Reaction score
Maybe the siphon jet at the bottom of the bowl is clogged with minerals? Take a small screwdriver and stick it in the jet to scrape out any lime/calcium and it should work much better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks