Timber Frame Constraint and Wall-Hung Toilet Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Timber Frame beam that will span (running parallel) a single wet wall I am designing. I plan on exposing the joinery on the downstairs bathroom which I can design around. The bathroom above it, however, is presenting me with a design challenge regarding the toilet. I don't think I can use a traditional floor mounted toilet against the wet wall so I am considering a wall-hung unit. With the wall hung unit, I can direct the waste pipe into the wet wall and not worry about the beam, right? Are there any other folks who have had to solve the problem of avoiding a beam (that needs to be left exposed for aesthetic reasons)? Also, if anyone has any recommendations on wall-mount units, I am all ears.

Thanks in advance. I have already learned a TON from the folks here!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
What is the plan for the tub or shower? That will have plumbing below the floor too.
If you plan on installing indoor plumbing, at some point it will have drains and vents for those drains.
A wall mount toilet may help with some of that.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks