Tile-in Soaker..3flange..NO APRON. need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Weneedhelp

Reaction score
I am looking at the TOTO Clayton 60x32 Tile-in soaker bathtub for my
tight alcove area. Has no apron.

How can I buy or build an apron??? I am not sure of the size of the front facing lip of the tub.

I will be replacing all the tile. But again I do not have alot of space because of the toilet unit being between the wall an front of tub.

Please need ideas. I will use a pro to set the tub, its too heavy and tight for me to do.

Thanks....

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Often, you can build a little stub wall and face it, then tile it so it is flush with the bottom edge of the flange for the tub. In other words, the flange would essentially look like it was sitting on top of the tile on edge. The stub wall would go up to the inside of that flange to give it support if you sat or stepped on it.

Weneedhelp

Reaction score
Anyone know what is the measurement of the Flange. I tried TOTO site and also called their Help Desk but no one knew. I would hope that it is atleast 1 3/4 inches. Which would enable a Tile Apron also would have to add some stringers to stiffen. (plywood,hardybacker,tile,grout)

Hope the above is clear..thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
apron

If the manufacturer does not have an apron as an option for that tub, then there is none. You have to build a knee wall and tile it. Ideally the wall would project outside the tub slightly so the tile goes UNDER the tub's lip, rather than come straight up against it.

Weneedhelp

Reaction score
Great Advice.
Can you give me measurement from the bottom of the tubs lip to the top of finished knee wall?
Also finished wall to edge of lip of tub?
I would fill all gaps with sillicon.
Where are you located in AZ?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks