Tile bathtub pans

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry D

Reaction score
Could you tell me what sizes bath tub pans come in? We would like to do a tile bath tub but unsure of what the size limitation would be.

Thanks for your help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm guessing you are talking about a shower pan? There aren't any tileable bathtubs generally available.

Terry D

Reaction score
It isn't a shower pan liner I need. I'ld like to install a tiled roman tub. Are there specific bathtub liners for this application? If so, what are sizes of these liners?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The strength required for a tub is high - water is pretty heavy stuff. Blowouts are not nice...

Your biggest problem will be finding a closeable drain that will work with your liner...be prepared for sticker shock as they're few and far between and therefore dear.

Call the people at www.schluter.com. They have (or did) a special order drain that would work with their Kerdi membrane. I don't think they show it on their website...basically, they're hand made (and very nice) to order, but you'll probably have to wait for it. There are limitations on the shape that you can have and still get the membrane to work well - compound curves don't work particulary well.

Another possibility is www.wedi.de . They do do custom stuff and may have a drain.

You may not be able to hook up an overflow, so check with your local inspector if that would be allowed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks