Tightening Brass Tee into Plastic Threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Aaron Roberts

Reaction score
I recently installed a new pressure tank and replaced the brass tee and associated components on my well. I've noticed that there seems to be a leak at the coupling between the threads of the brass tee and the threads on the pressure tank. The threads on the pressure tank are made of plastic. My question is, if I simply try tightening the tee another full rotation (there's no union so it needs a full rotation to orient the remainder of the tee properly) do I risk breaking the plastic threads or if that would, practically speaking, be unlikely. If this is not recommended, I can also try removing the tee entirely, cleaning off the existing pipe dope and trying again but I'm worried I'll just encounter the same problem again.

Totally new to plumbing over here so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Glo

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue - driving me nuts! I've taken it apart 3 times. Nothing is plastic, all brass.
And a guy I hired to get the job done overtightened every fitting and broke the pressure gauge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks