Tie dehumidifier condensate pump into sink drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pickngrin

Reaction score
Hi-
I've had the tubing from my condensate pump (connected to my dehumidifier) draining into my utility sink for quite some time. I've recently had a few instances in which the tubing wound up out of the sink, on the floor.
I'd like to tie into the sink drain to prevent this and to have a cleaner solution.

Would it be reasonable for me to use a branch drain tailpiece above my P trap, and would it fit? If so, how do I deal with the fact that the condensate pump tubing is smaller in diameter than the dishwasher port on the branch tailpiece?

Thanks
Pickngrin

sinkdrain.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
How about the branch wye on the horizontal?
index.php

Pickngrin

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I was wondering about installing it on the horizontal. Is that an acceptable method?

Reach4

Reaction score
Usually people prefer the tee with the other bowl coming into the side of the tee.
Thank you for the replies. I was wondering about installing it on the horizontal. Is that an acceptable method?
Yes, but I think it would look better with a sloped branch input.
white-everbilt-drains-drain-parts-c9816-64_100.jpg

Even better, see these:
Plumb Pak® 1-1/2" x 1/2" Telescopic Slip Joint End Outlet Continuous Waste Drain Tubing

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks