Thump sound when turning on the water, (kitchen faucet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bpbeals

Reaction score
I complained to Delta and they set me a new deverter valve and told me to flush the system and install new valve. I tried this and it made no differance, so then I removed the aerator from the faucet and tested, results no thumping so I summize that the aerator is overly restrictive so I disassembled the aerator and made the hole in the middle of the blue disk larger and reassembled it and now the faucet works perfect and it dosent take forever to fill a pan with water.

Reaction score
Tkanks for the tip about the knocking faucet,I knew it was air in the line some how, I turned on the faucet full blast,slowly depressed on the sprayer, she was thumpin,bumpin and rockin! tryed the faucet sounded alot better , repeated step #1 my problem is solved! To say thanks I can a quick tip on cleaning a really stained and dirty stove top, You know those little dish washer pellets , I use the finish brand , a wet sponge with the pellet sticking out cleans the crud and won"t scratch enamal or porcilen. THANKS AGAIN! HARRYS HOME IMPROVENT!

joe k

Reaction score
Thank You

I had this same problem on the hot water side of our kitchen faucet until recently. It also occurred when the dishwasher was running...even more so. I finally figured out that the supply valve on the hot side under the sink was not fully open. After opening this valve as far as it would go, the problem went away.

I had a plumber come out and had never seen this and couldn't fix it and this was the problem the hot water valve was half on.

plumberpanja

Reaction score
I had similar problem - thumbing noise while turning ON the kitchen faucet ( which was replaced 2 days back). If I turn it ON slowly, no noise, if turn ON while pressing on the water sprayer then very low/no noise. I had called the plumber back, he found some debry deposited at the tip of the faucet. He has cleaned the debris. Now it is fine, no more noise.

Bert Pool

Reaction score
We had this same thumping issue with a brand new Delta kitchen faucet. I bought a new Delta faucet, thinking it was a one-time manufacturing defect. The new faucet does the same thing. It is just a very poorly designed faucet - this should have never left the design labs! The solution? I'm going to my local big box hardware store and buying a different brand replacement faucet. It's been an expensive lesson. I will never buy Delta again.

DinaLibra

Reaction score
Thumping Problem - Possible Solution

I had this same problem on the hot water side of our kitchen faucet until recently. It also occurred when the dishwasher was running...even more so. I finally figured out that the supply valve on the hot side under the sink was not fully open. After opening this valve as far as it would go, the problem went away.

I cannot thank you enough for the solution to my pulsing faucet! The hot water valve was only about half open. After I fully opened it, the problem I've been trying dealing with for over a year was gone! You are THE BEST!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks