Thump sound when turning on the water, (kitchen faucet)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by djryval, Nov 14, 2007.

1. jsteelio

jsteelio New Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Bpbeals

Bpbeals New Member

I complained to Delta and they set me a new deverter valve and told me to flush the system and install new valve. I tried this and it made no differance, so then I removed the aerator from the faucet and tested, results no thumping so I summize that the aerator is overly restrictive so I disassembled the aerator and made the hole in the middle of the blue disk larger and reassembled it and now the faucet works perfect and it dosent take forever to fill a pan with water.

3. Harrys Home Improvement

Harrys Home Improvement New Member

Tkanks for the tip about the knocking faucet,I knew it was air in the line some how, I turned on the faucet full blast,slowly depressed on the sprayer, she was thumpin,bumpin and rockin! tryed the faucet sounded alot better , repeated step #1 my problem is solved! To say thanks I can a quick tip on cleaning a really stained and dirty stove top, You know those little dish washer pellets , I use the finish brand , a wet sponge with the pellet sticking out cleans the crud and won"t scratch enamal or porcilen. THANKS AGAIN! HARRYS HOME IMPROVENT!

4. joe k

joe k New Member

Thank You

I had a plumber come out and had never seen this and couldn't fix it and this was the problem the hot water valve was half on.

5. plumberpanja

plumberpanja New Member

I had similar problem - thumbing noise while turning ON the kitchen faucet ( which was replaced 2 days back). If I turn it ON slowly, no noise, if turn ON while pressing on the water sprayer then very low/no noise. I had called the plumber back, he found some debry deposited at the tip of the faucet. He has cleaned the debris. Now it is fine, no more noise.

6. Bryanroks

Bryanroks New Member

7. Jaime Valenzuela

Jaime Valenzuela New Member

I called Delta Faucets and got the answer, UPGRADE the aerator!!! Problem solved....

8. Bert Pool

Bert Pool New Member

We had this same thumping issue with a brand new Delta kitchen faucet. I bought a new Delta faucet, thinking it was a one-time manufacturing defect. The new faucet does the same thing. It is just a very poorly designed faucet - this should have never left the design labs! The solution? I'm going to my local big box hardware store and buying a different brand replacement faucet. It's been an expensive lesson. I will never buy Delta again.