Three-way dimmer

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is a spot-saver post and I'll elaborate over the weekend, but I ran into a problem lately. I bid on a job replacing all the switches and outlets on the main floor of a high-end domicile. They are changing over to the deco switches and outlets as in the finished basement area and the master bath/bedroom on the third floor.

I'm done with the job except for a few coverplates, but I did run into a few head-scratchers. In three locations there were three-way dimmer systems with which I have zero experience. The switches were Lightolier remote dimmers. I think that one would expect to be able to dim and control the lights in a particular room or situation from two locations. The three different locations in the house were wired differently, so I'm not really understanding how this was supposed to work, if indeed it worked at all. Some of the wiring connections on some of the devices looked a bit wonky and amateurish. If time allows, I'll elaborate with some hopefully useful information. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks