Three 75 gallon water heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

siklife

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Im hoping someone can help me out here. I was asked to install 3 Bradford White 75 gallon power vent water heaters (big house). All the rough was completed by another plumber. The house is pretty much all finished, all thats left is Trim and installing these 3 water heaters. The house is not zoned so these water heaters will have to be installed connected to each other. What would be the best way of going about this? The water heaters will have a circulating pump. Also any advice on what circulating pump and expansion tank id need for such a setup would be appreciated ! Thanks in advance

siklife

Reaction score
Good luck EVER getting them balanced so the flow is through ALL of them equally.

I dont have any other options, the house is all finished. Another builder / plumber finished the plumbing. All they left me was pipe stub outs to connect the water heaters. The original plan called for 3 75 gallon so thats what ill be installing.
I have a question about the pump thats needed for the installation Reach4 linked. Would this pump work ?
http://www.supplyhouse.com/Grundfos-98420222-UP10-16-PM-A-B5-LC-1-2-Sweat-Comfort-PM-Auto-Pump
Or would i need this
http://www.supplyhouse.com/Grundfos...ed-Circulator-Pump-1-25-HP-115-volt-4701000-p

siklife

Reaction score
Would connecting them this way work better?

https://imgur.com/a/zSA4T
zSA4T

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
YES ! that is a balanced system, that way the home owners get the benefit of 225 gals, of hot water as while as the recover
of all three burners

siklife

Reaction score
YES ! that is a balanced system, that way the home owners get the benefit of 225 gals, of hot water as while as the recover
of all three burners

Great. Now would the first circulating pump I linked Work or is that pump only meant to be connected to the cold inlet water line ?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
That plan looks like trouble and when one of those 3 heaters goes out some day you wont be able to make them work correctly with a newer heater in the mix...

You would be much wiser to just install them in series and set them all on medium...
That will make a ton of hot water ....

Also, I would probably plumb the recirc line into the last unit in line instead of the first one

just wondering what happened to the first plumber??? Did he get kicked off the job or did he
walk off because someone stiffed him on this house???

DXmdUSD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks