Threads on pitless adapter appear damaged

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I was attempting to thread in a 1" pipe into the top of the pitless adapter with no success in order to remove my deep well pump. I then used a 1" PVC fitting just to see if I could get the 1" PVC on the pitless adapter without damaging the threads of the pitless adapter. It appears that the threads on the pitless adapter are not pipe threads or are damaged. When I pulled the PVC fitting off the threads appear damaged as if the threads of the pitless adapter are cutting the threads of the PVC. In short, I can't get the 1" pipe on the pitless adapter to remove it. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sometimes the pitless isn't installed perfectly straight in the casing.

I have a piece of 1" galvanized with a 1" pipe tap welded to it so I can chase or cut new threads in the pitless.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks