Threaded shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

mmcgady

Reaction score
I am building a tile shower in my basement. I bought a threaded drain and installed it into the pvc that the original builder left. The threaded drain is one where the top part screws up and down so that you can customize it according to the hight of the tile. I have laid the pre-slope, the flexible membrane and the deck mud. Now I am ready to install the floor tiles. At this point however, the drain is still not "fixed". It still screws up or down.

How do I permantly secure the drain so that it wont rotate up or down when the tiles are laid?

41Fever

Reaction score
The grout should hold the drain in place. Another idea is to screw drain out, appy silicone to threads, and screw back in to the height needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks