Thoughts on Water Hammer Arrestor Before PRV?

Users who are viewing this thread

PipeDreamz

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get feedback on setting up my incoming house water line as:

shutoff ball valve > water hammer arrestor > PRV

I share a curb stop city main with my neighbor that has a lawn irrigation system hooked up on their side. I currently do not have a PRV and my pressure normally sits slightly over 80 PSI (I know, I need a PRV). When my neighbor runs their lawn irrigation system, it constantly bounces my incoming pressure between 68-70 PSI. The fluctuation makes it sound like a truck muffler idling within my wall. Yikes!

Although it's slightly redundant, my thinking is that having a water hammer arrestor in-between the shutoff valve and PRV will help extend the life of the PRV. The spikes would be from the city water main and my neighbor's irrigation system when it shuts off.

Thoughts?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks