Thoughts on Gerber Avalanche elite?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by BlakeleyProperties, Jan 9, 2021.

1. BlakeleyProperties

BlakeleyProperties Remodeler

Scheduling things
    So I'm normally firmly on the Toto bandwagon. (Except for the tank lids, why won't they fix that stupid design... )

But I have a really small apartment bathroom with a Mansfield that I can't get to stop leaking. I'd rather replace it than fight with it any more (editorial comment, I hate Mansfield toilets!)

10" rough, round bowl needed. Toto doesn't make one. My supply house is reccomending Avalanche Elite, 1.28. Price is good at 172.68 but that's not the big driver.

Thoughts on it, especially at 1.28? Will I regret putting this in? It's certainly unlikely to annoy me more than Mansfield, I'd think...

2. rest_in_pasta

rest_in_pasta New Member

Not a plumber
    The Gerber should have better quality control than the off-brand toilets at either Lowe's or Home Depot. Don't know how Gerber compares to Kohler (when bought from the supply house) nowadays.

Small water spot on the Elite:

upload_2021-1-9_11-38-54.png

Regular Avalanche has slightly larger water spot (trap shape is similar to Kohler's):
    upload_2021-1-9_11-40-34.png

Although you may not want an elongated toilet (10" rough-in), just for comparison a Toto Eco Drake Transitional (CST744EFN.10) has a water spot area of 7-7/8" x 10-5/16".

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Sesquipedalian

Sesquipedalian New Member

5. BlakeleyProperties

BlakeleyProperties Remodeler

Scheduling things
    no elongated will fit.

Interesting on the adapters. I can't tell from that thread whether they are universal to all Toto models. I'll have to ask at the supply house if they are even sold around here.

6. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Only certain models use the adapters, and they are all elongated, I think. How far from the wall could a toilet extend, and still fit?

The Neorest models might be exceptions, but they are in a different very-expensive category.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021