Thoughts on discharge line from pump to tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

LakeDwellerMN

Reaction score
I am swapping a 20gal tank from my 14gal unit, which requires a slightly longer discharge line.

Since it needs to bend/flexible, can I get by with reinforced/braided vinyl (plasticized polyvinyl chloride) rated for 125psi? (1" ID with 1-3/8" OD)

My thought was to replace the single hose clamp setup at the same time and use slightly longer 1" barb-MPT (brass) fittings so I can use a double hose clamp setup. I see several setups that appear to use the same thing.

I am working with a 1/2hp convertible jet-pump and 30/50 pressure settings.

NOTE: The plumber who installed my pump/tank setup has retired (and I would NEVER call him back if he was still in biz) and I need to DIY it.

LakeDwellerMN

Reaction score
Yeah, its only going to be another 4" of distance from the discharge on the pump to the Tee for the tank/main line to the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks