Thought I would let you know about this company...selling in your town

Users who are viewing this thread

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
After 40 years of plumbing service & repair it is time to move on. Small two man shop doing mostly service and repair is looking for somebody that wants to buy an existing service company doing 1000+ service calls a year (without paying for advertising) in the heart of Seattle. If interested, let me know.

service@seattlehotwater.com

https://seattlehotwater.com/

Terry
do you know anything about this company?? I saw this on Plumbing Zone and just wondered what their deal was . Just thought you might be interested or curious about how much they wanted for the business..... so am I too.. but I am not going anywhere.... but that would be an opportunity for someone....

Water heaters are a very easy gig to me....

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
As someone said just yesterday, "when you specialize in water heaters, you only get repeat business every 10 years or so, so you are always chasing NEW customers.

well , I have found the exact opposite has happened to us...
If you are installing a heater for hundreds less than the others that quoted
the job they always come back to you to ask you to do other plumbing work for them...

If you plaster your name brand sticker in every house you walk into, on the heater, furnace,
disposal and water softener.......you are claiming the property for your own and
everyone who ever owns the home will see this and odds are they
might call you for their future issues.....

but of course it is wise that your sticker should state all the
types of work you do aside from water heaters..

a water heater goes out every 5 -- 12 years around here... so that is where the action is...
Where-as a toilet could last forever, a ballcock could last 30 years, the same with a kitchen faucet.
and a pvc pipe is gonna last forever before it needs replaced...

also you are always going to be looking for new customers....
because they keep moving or getting older and dieing on you...... its a sad fact of life....

I am doing a heater this morning cause someone begged me to so I am heading out the door in a few minutes... AND Because I am willing to do this on thanks giving morning I will probably be their guy for as long as they live in the home..........

Attachments

• Image (13).jpg
    Image (13).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 245

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
The only time I specialized was roof drain installations back in the 1980's - 2014

We used JR Smith 1330 IC CI dome and the drains cost $60.00 and the sheet lead was .50 a pound 3' x 3' x 4 PSF and flat rate was $1,200 each up to 4" over 4" was $1,500 each and anything below the slab was T&M

For Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith we installed 54 -3' drains in 6 days and for Nabisco 10 -4" drains 12 hours (3 people)

As I picked up more accounts I no longer wanted to roast or freeze on the roofs but it was a gold mine while it lasted

Syl Caulking.JPG
18sroriesupdrain-2.jpg

I Charge for a fixture stoppage $225 General ram jet for example takes less then 15 minutes or an closet auger

Snaking the lines is $275+ up to 2" up to a half hr

Main sewer or storm drains $325+ up to 5" over 5" $550+ Water Jetting $350 per half hr min 1 hr

Here is a guy charging less then I am paying my lowest paid employee
Sewer Clog Cleaning Service 49 . 95 Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Nassau, Suffolk (a4995.com)

Water heaters 30, 40, 50 $1,800 75 gallon $2,200 minimum

Sloan Royal replacement $750 and yet some low baller in my area charged $350

We are working 6 days a week 12 -14 hrs a day and with the new accounts we picked up we are working 7 days a week for them plus the brand new construction I recently started doing

I was paying one guy $75 per hr now instead I made him a manager and offered him $5,000 a week regardless of how many or how few hours he works and the other mechanic I am paying $80 per hr

In life you normally get what you pay for and if someone wants volume God bless them but if someone wants to give their employees a decent salary and wants to buy new equipment and have ZERO debt then they have to charge accordingly

The best complement I was given by my several of my accounts "your very expensive but you do the right job"

In some cases I am working for the second generation as I have over 50 years in this profession and still am picking up accounts strictly by word of mouth I told my employees "we are only as good as our last job

If we do the job right they tell three people (this is how I picked up 2 more nursing homes and high rises) screw up one job they tell everyone

By the way every single one of my accounts is no more then 3 miles from my office so traveling time is not even a consideration

Manhattan prices are 40% more

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Removing a copper box roof drain installed over 100 years ago . Replacement with new cast iron caulked drain $2,800 (4 hours)

copper box drain.JPG

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Think about it

A plumber installs a roof drain with 3' x 3' x 4 PSF and he is not called back for at least 40 years

This drain is exposed to summer heat freezing winters acid rain bird droppings (also acidic ) and is over expensive apartments and over computer rooms.

Imagine the risk factor when I installed over 10 drains on this building

https://streeteasy.com/building/the-sovereign/47f?card=1

Now just picture a 5 or 6" diameter drain failing during a hurricane and the storm water floods 15 or more apartments below how much liability is involved

A lot of morons would use 2 ft x 2 ft and 2 or 3 pound sheet lead with a
polyethylene dome that may blow off the drain or crack over a a few decades

I am one the few plumbers who uses flashing cement under the sheet lead and who also water proofs the lead edges with 15 # cotton impregnated fiber rather then cheap 15# felt

ONE LEAK can cause a lawsuit in the millions .

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks