Thermostatic Mixing Valve Noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Physwa

Reaction score
Question - should thermostatic mixing valves (specifically a Honeywell AM-1) produce any rattling noise when installed at a hot water heater?

A few months ago, we had our hot water heater replaced and as part of the install, a thermostatic mixing valve was added to regulate output water temperature. The valve makes rattling noise whenever hot water is running, which can be heard throughout the room that is adjacent to the water heater (it's in a closet with a louvered door).

I've gone back and forth with the installing company and they have not given me a straight answer. Honeywell said this could happen with recirculating pumps or similar, but our water system is very simple - no recirc pumps or anything else like that.

Thanks for any thoughts from anyone who has had a mixing valve. This is the first time I've had one of these valves. At this point I might just end up replacing it myself, but want to make sure I won't have the exact same issue with a new one as with the old one.

David

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'd clean it out possibly replace it. its got unions right? no warranty from Honeywell or contractor?
Honeywell won't support product a few months?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks