Thermostat connections D R B/C

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I want to swap out a thermostat for a high efficiency furnace. American Standard. On the furnace its labled D R B/C. I'm use to R W C. Can someone make sense of this for me

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I use the wiring diagrams, but, in my forty five years involved, only ever seen YWRGC on gas furnace. Trane makes Am.Std.
NO mfr uses anything else in north America. Possibly you are looking at the the incorrect/wrong screw terminals.
Heat pump has a few other letters

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I use the wiring diagrams, but, in my forty five years involved, only ever seen YWRGC on gas furnace. Trane makes Am.Std.
NO mfr uses anything else in north America. Possibly you are looking at the the incorrect/wrong screw terminals.
Heat pump has a few other letters
I'm replacing the thermostat the thermostat that's in now is hooked up to those terminals and works fine. I believe B/C is common

Fitter30

Reaction score
This by chance a Trane comfort link system if it is regular stat won't work. If this is a older system have no idea if they make wifi stat for it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks