The rough-in for this basement bathroom doesn’t look right to me. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

toiletdude

Reaction score
Is this rough-in for a half bath legit?

I am looking at a house that was completely renovated - top to bottom. The only problem is the the basement half bathroom, which is advertised as rough-in, looks a bit odd to me. The plumbing looks kind of odd to me. The vent and stack come out of the wall really high. Is this a true rough in, or would I still have to tear up the floor?

I’m willing to put in a bit of money to have it made in to a functioning half bath, but I don’t want to have to dig up a concrete foundation.

Other note: the house is connected to a (new) septic system. The bathroom is on the exterior back wall and the septic system is in the back yard.

Pic here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZjdpCaM

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks