The effects of short cycling

Users who are viewing this thread

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
This 2 hp/ 19 gpm F&W hung on 180' of 1.25 160 psi poly had been cycling against a water logged 82 gallon galvanized tank. The wire is shredded, the pipe has flat spots & the only TA48 was broken.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 243

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I am actually surprised the pump shaft, coupling, pressure switch, control box, or even the motor lasted long enough to cause the wear on the motor and pump case. I do know how to fix that problem without even needing a single torque arrestor. :)

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am actually surprised the pump shaft, coupling, pressure switch, control box, or even the motor lasted long enough to cause the wear on the motor and pump case. I do know how to fix that problem without even needing a single torque arrestor. :)

So do I, a new pump will go in on 1.25 sch120 and I have a CSV2 on the shelf looking for home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks