The big day .. putting it all together ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Powerless

Reaction score
Heyaa!

Just wanted to say gracias to all the guys that helped me ...

I ended up going with Clack C1190 heads and make manual back wash with valves, Ditto thank you for recommending supplier !

Now is the time for tank assembly .. how short should I cut the pipe, Should it be flush with the tank ?

the pipe goes in to C1190 head with the basket mounted... should I cut at the basket entrance? or at the head.

powerless-01.jpg

Gracias !

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
The sealing point between the valve and the distributor tube is at the base of the valve. This means the dist tube has to pass through the upper basket to contact the sealing point. I believe the dist tube should be about 1/2" above the top of the tank.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes. At the base of the valve are 2 o rings. One that seals the valve to the tank (external), the other to seal the distributor tube to the valve (internal).

Powerless

Reaction score
Gracias, could please someone else confirm how much pipe should be sticking pass the neck for c1190 in out head ? \thx

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
level with tank up to 1/4" above tank is fine. I prefer 1/4" above.

If you look at the o-ring loctaion, you will notice the 1190 head has a lot of room for errors.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks