Thanks to CEA & Pressure Test Question

Users who are viewing this thread

MrUgly

Reaction score
Hello,

I asked a question here 2 weeks back about vent size for a full bath + washer. I got some helpful information from CEA and just wanted to give thanks for the reassuring advice. I went ahead with 3" from the point where the vent lines all tie together. The inspector has finished the rough-in inspection with only a suggestion to add 1 suport strap to the drain in the crawl space! Thanks again CEA for confirming where I was unsure. It made going into the inspection less of a worry!

I do have a few more questions about the pressure test if anyone has the time.

I need to test with air. I have seen setups for copper lines that involve a guage on a air stem attatched to 5/8 tubing that is clamped to the end of the copper line. I have capped all the ends exept where it will tie into existing supply. My questions:

1- Is this just a regular guage? Or does code say it needs to be a specific type?
2- Can I buy this setup at a place like Home Depot or do I need to piece it together myself?
3- What is the pressure the line needs to hold and for how long? 80#/15 min?

In regards to the drain line; I have capped the top of vent, sink, toilet, and washer. The shower is not capped and I was hoping to test from there since I would need to put some sort of inflatable ball in there anyway. I have seen the inflatable ball before but have never seen one setup to allow air beyond it to test the line. My questions:

1- Do they make a test ball that can be filled but also allow air beyond it to pressurize the line? And can I get that from a store like Home Depot or do I need to go to a specialized plumbing store?
2- If I can't test from the shower, how do I test from the 3" end? Some sort of cap with a guage and stem?
2- What is the pressure the line needs to hold and for how long? 5#/15min?

Thanks in advance for any reponses. Your knowledge is much appreciated.
Michael

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks